How the violent far right infiltrated France’s National Rally
The Pakistani cricket star who admitted to match-fixing
Spot-fixes in 15 international cricket matches
A list of the international matches in which sessions of overs were fixed in 2011 and 2012.
21 Oct 2018
Al Jazeera Investigative Unit‘s latest documentary, Cricket’s Match-Fixers: The Munawar Files, contains recordings of an Indian match-fixer phoning in details of spot-fixes in 15 international matches to a notorious bookmaker.
The match-fixer gave a total of 26 predictions, of which all but one turned out to be accurate.
The spot-fixes were all session fixes, predicting what would happen in a specific session of six, eight or 10 overs.
Many of the matches involved multiple spot-fixes. In some cases, fixes were delivered by both teams.
Due to the gravity of the accusations and the prospect of criminal investigations, we are not, at present, naming the fixed sessions nor the teams perpetrating the fix because that would identify the batsmen suspected of fixing.
The 15 matches in question are:
1. Australia v England, ODI, 21.01.2011
2. Australia v Zimbabwe, ODI World Cup, 21.02.2011
3. England v Netherlands, ODI World Cup, 22.02.2011
4. Australia v Kenya, ODI World Cup, 13.03.2011
5. England v South Africa, ODI World Cup, 06.03.2011
6. England v Bangladesh, ODI World Cup, 11.03.2011
7. England v India, Test, 21-25.07.2011
8. South Africa v Australia, Test, 09-11.11.2011
9. Australia v New Zealand, Test, 09-12.12.2011
10. England v Pakistan, Test, 17-19.01.2012
11. England v Pakistan, Test, 25-28.01.2012
12. England v Pakistan, Test, 03-06.02.2012
13. Sri Lanka v Zimbabwe, T20I World Cup, 18.09.2012
14. England v Afghanistan, T20I World Cup, 21.09.2012
15. South Africa v Pakistan, T20I World Cup, 28.09.2012